Dr. Delia Koo Global Student Scholarship
The Dr. Delia Koo Global Scholarship is administered by the Asian Studies Center in collaboration with the Office for International Students and Scholars to provide scholarships to students from Asia, and to further MSU’s compelling interest in obtaining the educational benefits that flow from a diverse student body.
- Current or incoming student from Asia.
- If enrolled at MSU, you must be in good academic standing. If underenrolled, you must have an approved form on file in OISS.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better, or its equivalent, at the time of application, if already enrolled at MSU.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better while holding the scholarship.
- Scholarship awards will be made up to $5,000.
- The Awards Committee will only review completed applications. Qualifying applications consist of:
The selection committee will take into consideration both merit and need.
If you are awarded an assistantship anytime during the semester, please inform the Asian Studies Center so that any award you have received may be given to another applicant.
Priority is given to first time applicants.
- A completed application form.
- An essay, no more than two pages in length, explaining how your Asian background will enrich the MSU community, and your specific plan to make this happen.
- SPRING SEMESTER: November 1
Delia Koo Student Scholarship Application (PDF)
Asian Studies Center Newsletter
Student Funding Opportunities
Midwest Conference on Asian Affairs
Transnational East Asia Colloquium
January 23 - April 11